- Past and Future Lost wages
- Medical bills (therapy, nursing care)
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost or damaged personal property
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and Disfigurement
- Damage to your marital relationship
- Punitive damages
- Damages for wrongful death
Responsive and sincere service.
Call today for a free consultation:
CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
A car accident can cause tremendous loss and suffering to the driver, their passengers, and sometimes pedestrians. Not only is there a loss in terms of damage to the vehicle, but the victims of a car accident often face expensive medical treatment, time away from work, the pain and suffering of having been injured, and a loss in their quality of life.
If you’ve you have been seriously injured in a car accident, then you may already be dealing with a mountain of medical bills and may have already lost a significant amount of income. Furthermore, you may already know what a nightmare it will be if you are not compensated fully for your losses. And it probably scares you out of your mind.
You are not overreacting. Being under-compensated for your damages is a very real and very serious possibility, especially if you don’t know who to turn to for help. Being injured in a car accident, even a minor accident, can have a domino effect on your life. And in the rush of it all, your future (and that of your loved ones) can be a change in an instant.
Jay C. Elliott: Car Accident Lawyer
Ideally, the responsible party’s insurance company would quickly compensate you for all of your losses. But this is not an ideal world, and insurance companies are only concerned with settling your claim as quickly as possible and for the least amount possible. This means doing everything they can to minimize your claim and get you to settle with them before you get an attorney involved. However, you should never sign a car accident insurance settlement without first talking to a good car accident lawyer.
Jay C. Elliott, P.C., LLO believes that every injury victim should receive full and just compensation from those responsible for their injuries and losses. Furthermore, he is committed to protecting your rights, and ultimately your family’s future, by fighting for every bit of compensation that you are entitled to receive.
As an experienced car accident lawyer, it is his job to help alleviate your concerns and to leverage his knowledge of personal injury law to maximize your recovery and secure the best possible outcome for your car accident case.
What To Do After A Car Accident
Nobody wants to be involved in a car accident, but if you drive long enough, chances are it will happen to you. So, the question is what should you do when it does? Here is what you need to remember:
- First and foremost, if anyone in either car has been injured, call 911 and get medical help on the scene.
- Call the police. Depending on the circumstance, it may take them some time to get there, but it’s important that you wait. This is because the officer’s report may be the most important piece of evidence in your car accident injury claim.
- Exchange information with the other drivers involved in the car accident. This includes names, driver’s license numbers, insurance details, and license plate numbers. But, do yourself a favor and keep any conversation regarding the nature of the accident to a bare minimum.
- If you have a smartphone or camera, and if it’s safe to do so, take pictures of the vehicles involved in the accident and of the scene of the collision.
- Note the direction you were driving, the road conditions, and anything that can be used to establish liability for the car accident.
- Look for witnesses to the accident and take down their names and contacts.
- Contact a reputable car accident attorney. Studies show that the sooner you get an attorney involved in an accident claim, the more compensation for your car accident you will likely recover.
Contact Elliott Law Office
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident as a result of someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior, your best chance to receive full and just compensation is to have legal representation that is experienced in personal injury cases.
Attorney Jay C. Elliott has the experience, knowledge, and expertise to successfully handle your car accident personal injury claim and obtain the money you need to recover from the accident––physically and financially. Call Elliott Law Office at 308-532-1963, or contact us here for a free consultation or to simply ask questions concerning your situation.